New this year, an online auction component offering additional art not available at the BEA event will be held the week before the auction at the Javits Center. The online auction is an opportunity for people across the country to participate in the fight against censorship of books for young readers. It is open to the public. Think presents, too: birthday, new baby, graduation, holiday, new house, a special treat to yourself for all your hard work, etc.
7-DAY ONLINE SILENT AUCTION
Opens: Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 9am
Closes: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 9pm
Open to the public!!
Help promote the online auction!
- Download the PDF version of the ad: 8.5″ x 11″ (portrait) OR 5.5″ x 8.5″ (portrait)
- Add this web badge to your site and have it link directly to the auction at http://myworld.ebay.com/abffe
- DISPLAY IDEA FOR BOOKSELLERS & LIBRARIANS:
Along with the above printable ad, pull a few books off your shelves of participating illustrators, open to the corresponding page with a sign saying something like, “The original art from this very page of this very book could be yours!” Be creative! This is a great fun opportunity to link the books on your shelves, original art and your customers/partons (and yourselves!) while making them aware of censorship of children’s books. Make a scavenger hunt out of it. Ask them to create a piece of their own art and hold you’re own auction. Be sure to get all of it on your social media platforms, too. I’d love a photo of what you come up with!! Email it to email@example.com or post it on your Facebook page, tagging ABFFE.
- Add the online auction to all your social media outlets. On Twitter, please use the hashtags: #abffeauction, #bea13, #kidlit. On Facebook, please tag ABFFE (and “Like” us if you haven’t!)
- Tell your friends and family.
- Don’t forget to check it out yourself!